Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Front sit or back?

So here is the situation...

I was talking to a friend (you know who you are), and she was telling me how her husband was upset because he had to sit in the back sit, while her mother sat in the front. She feels that he shouldn't be upset. I offered no advice, because I myself have been through something similar, and I didn't want to upset her more.

I was once in her husbands situation, and I was pissed off that I was in that back sit. I do believe that medical reasons are different. If Mom has a broken leg or something and its difficult for her to get in the back then thats different she should sit in the front. What pissed me off was not just the physical act that I was in the back sit, but because my husband assumed it. He thought it was a given that I was supposed to let his mother sit in the front. Don't get me wrong I lovvvvvvvvvve my mother-in-law, and at the time we were not married, but if we were...

I believe that its kind of disrespectful to the sanctity of marriage. Your husband or wife are number one. Yes, no one should forget about everything their Mothers went through to bring them in this world, and to help them become adults, but now you are an adult, and its time to let Momma take the back sit!

What do you think?

1 comment: