Thursday, June 11, 2009

SAHM Blues


My son is now 17 months, and I can remember my entire pregnancy like it was yesterday. To this day I still can't stand being away from him. Its like it's my 1st week back to work after maternity leave. Some stay at home moms (SAHM) just don't know how lucky they have it. I know that everyone always wants more than what they have, and yes if I was a SAHM I would probably want to be working. Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. I've heard all that, but right now I just know that I would be so much happier. I'm sitting here at my desk looking at my sons photos on my computer, and trying not to cry. Thursdays are exceptionally hard, because after 5pm. It's my me time! Time for myself to read, talk, reflect buy shoes, whatever. I travel to my bellydance class which starts at 7:30pm. I dance for an hour. Than I'm back on the bus for about a hour traveling home. So basically I see my son in the morning, and I see him asleep in bed when I get home, and I try not to feel guilty for missing out on an entire day with my son. I know this me time is to re-energize my soul, but how can I tell that to my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment