Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What music did you like...?

So I'm sitting at my desk working, and listening to some music, and a few songs came on that I could remember listening to in grade school, and it made me smile. I began to think about, "what type of music is my son going to listen to when he gets older, and what will he be doing when he listens to it." It made me scared cause at the same time I can remember what I used to do. I can remember listening to, Weak by SWV on the monkey bars during recess with my best friend Bory in the 4th grade. I can remember in the 7th grade trying to learn the lyrics to R.Kelly's 12 Play. I remember playing Understanding by Xscape over and over again in the 7th Grade. I also remember getting my Bone Thugs and Harmony tape stolen like 3 times in the 7th grade by the same boys in my classroom. I remember going to my best friend Gorgette's house and hearing her sister, Tammy play the same H-Town, Jodeci, and Shai songs over and over again. Thinking of those times makes me so happy. What songs make you reminisce?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! Jodeci and Shai (my heart just skipped two beats - SERIOUSLY)
    ...and If I e-ever fall in love agai-in I will be sure... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID MISSY!
    Oh, and don't forget the back in the day Dru Hill...X!

    Thnx for the follow.

    ReplyDelete