Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Are you willing to submit?


Ok, Goddesses, I will admit.  This is what I AND my Husband have a very hard time doing.  We actually just got into an argument 30 seconds ago (Actually I just hung up the phone, cause I'm so past arguing), and look what I find on my phone, "What is Submission?"  Reading this has calmed me down a little, and I wanted to share it with you all.  Continue the fight.


What Is Submission?

by Dr. Gary Chapman

Many wives shudder when they hear the pastor say, "Turn in your Bible to Ephesians 5:22." They can feel it coming, and they don't like the sound of it. "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."

Many interpret this to mean that she must do whatever her husband commands. Does submission mean slavery? Let me remind you that one verse before that it says, "Submitting yourselves one to another out of reverence for Christ."

Submission is a mutual exercise.  (Amen, Amen, AMEN!)

Neither husbands nor wives can have their own way and a successful marriage at the same time.

Decision making is a joint exercise where each has an attitude of service toward the other. Submission is not slavery where a wife is forced to do anything. It is an attitude that willingly serves her husband. While he, on the other hand, loves her and seeks to do what is best for her.

Together they make decisions that bring glory to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment