Monday, April 25, 2011

Music Monday (The Oprah Experience)


Have you ever been so busy, that you don't even remember half the stuff you've done?  Well thats how I've been for almost 2 weeks.  I've been seriously working on auto piolet, because of this I absolutely refuse to do anything else for anyone, but my son for the next couple of days!  I've had meetings, errands, replinished products, shows, photo shoot, etc., and after trying to be on the show for years, I finally had the oppourtunity to be apart of the Oprah Show audience! 

So first, I was so exceited, but I had to contain it because I was on the Red Line "L" and everyone would have thought I was a crazy lady, so for 40 minutes I had to try to calm down, while waiting to get to my stop.  So, I thought about how I was going to tell my Mom that WE WERE GOING TO THE OPRAH SHOW!!!!!!

I get home, and tell my mom about the great meeting I just had, and that the only bad part was that I was going to have to wake up really early, and not be around my son for a couple days.  I also proceded to ask her do you know why I'll have to wake up early and not see my son for a couple days? Uninterested my mom says "Why?"  I tell her, "CAUSE WE'RE GOING TO THE OPRAH SHOW!!!"    Then I here crickets, and I'm like did this woman not hear me?  She then continues asking me the most ungrateful questions, like, "Who's on the show?" (does it matter, its OPRAH!!!!) and "What time do we have to be there?" and "Why does it have to be so early?"  I'm like, UNBELIEVABLE!  How long has this woman been telling me about trying to get some Oprah tickets, and this is all she has to say!  So I tell her, "Momma I'll take somebody else!" and I leave her apartment.  She later calls and says that she's having some womanly problems, and that she was sorry, and is excited. 

Moving on, I finally get together an outfit, fit for the show.  Complete with an Isis Collections bold necklace set, and we're off!  After standing in line, going through security, having my cell phone taken, and sitting in the waiting area for 45 minutes we're finally sitting in our chairs in the studio, and we're surprised to find out that we're getting double Oprah!  2 Tapings!  The 1st taping is Chris Rock which was aired Friday, April 22, 2011, and the second taping was Michael Douglas, which airs, Tuesday, Apiril 26, 2011.  Hearing Oprah's voice as she stepped out on stage was like a dream.  I could not believe that I was this close to her.  She went on with the interviews, and answered questions from the audience members.  I had so many questions going through my head like, "Would you like to help out a Mompreneur?, and will you have A Women of Brewster Place Reunion? and My mom was so upset about her Soap Opera shows being cancelled, You are my Soap Opera Oprah!"  I was so scared, and star struck that I couldn't raise my hand so that the microphone could come my way, and before I knew it, the experience was over.  With no giveaway, pictures, or autograph, to help us remember this when we're 90 years old.  We stood in line to retrieve our coats, our purses, our cell phones, and I was left with this sad, bitter sweet feeling.

How could I be so close to someone I admire like an Auntie (like Maya Angelou status), and not be able to talk to them?  For them to not know who I am.  I know if Oprah, knew of my situation she would want to help, but she doesn't so she can't help, so I have to help myself.

So because, of this, I feel that I've been working hard to push my business off, but there is always more that can be done, so I believe, that although facebook has been a great tool for putting The Isis Collections on people's radar, and keeping in contact with family and friends, but I think its time to move on.  It's time to get off the computer and put my feet to the pavement.  I'll still be on facebook, cause its sooooo addictive, but not daily.  So loved ones, clients if you really want to contact me, I'm just a phone call or email away.  Enjoy this Oprah Experience and your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment