Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Getting back to the swing of things...

Other than doing small alterations around the house I haven't creatively sewn anything since the last fashion show I did in September, and rightfully sew (Ha! Get it?!) because  I designed, and sewed about 24 pieces in 3 weeks, and I was tired, and took the holidays and applying to graduate school as the excise I needed to take a break from sewing.

Now that its a new year, and I'm already getting prom orders in I figured it was time to get back into the swing of things and get busy with some designs I wanted to draft. Starting with this jumpsuit.

The story behind this jumpsuit is, my hairdresser/ big sister I always wanted has been asking me to make her a jumpsuit for about 15 years. Now my neck is making dresses so that's what I have been sticking to all these years but finally I got the urge to make this particular jumpsuit and I decided to make it for myself so I'm sorry Ouida but I'll be making you one one day, lol.

So I'm stepping out of my comfort area a little bit by working with stripes and knit fabric, because I'm a cotton, satin, silk kind of girl. So we'll see what else I can come up with this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment