Saturday, April 25, 2020

Wake up...

I haven't blogged in more than a year and boy has my life evolved in this time!!!  I still have consistently held on to the 15lbs I have gained since losing 50lbs a couple years ago but I'm getting back on track. I haven't sewn much, but I'll be getting back to that as well because I have now graduated and earned a Masters of Arts Marriage and Family Therapy degree!!!!!!!  So, along with getting back to creating I will also continue growing as a competent therapist.  Additionally, not only do I still feel more at peace with my relationships but more importantly, I feel more at peace with myself!!!!!  I feel like I have evolved to a level of acceptance where I have a sense of inner peace and joy that I have learned to better guard when hearing about or experiencing difficult situations; even in times like this when the world seems so fear-driven.  I understand now that we are all definitely in this together.  If there has ever been a time where oneness and balance are needed,  it is now.   We all must do our part.  Intentionally. 

I've come to this evolution due to a continued effort on my part to have important conversations that were needed with my loved ones.  Boundaries were placed and crossed and they will continue to be, and I have grown a readiness that puts a smile on my face.  I'm aware that I still have fears but I have also grown an awareness that I can't let fear stop me.  The other day I was reminded of the Harold Melvin and The Bluenotes song by Teddy Pendergrass called Wakeup Everybody. (I've posted a clip of it.  Listen to the message.)  The words are so fitting for what's going on right now.  There should be no sleeping in bed (other than our usual beauty rest :-), of course). The world has changed.  The teachers have had to teach a new way. The world won't get better if we just let things be.  Being reminded of this song definitely woke something in me because I admit being in this house day after day, reprimanding my kids on the same things over and over, and being annoyed by my Husband who's been on vacation this week, helped me realize something.  I again have fallen into the pattern of putting everybody else and everyone before me.  I have to get back to my purpose.  My purpose involves me helping others, but in order for me to fulfill that I have to help myself first.  I can't pour from an empty cup.  I have to do things that replenish me, feeds my soul, and after receiving this reminder I realized that within the act of feeding my soul I can also empower others; which I believe is my purpose. I feel updating my website is the platform that will allow me to do that.  I can't wait to share with you all the plans I have for Enchante. I am definitely stepping outside of my comfort zone and I hope I can count on your support along this journey.  We are all in this together... Be well, wash your hands, and live in love and light...




No comments:

Post a Comment