Monday, May 11, 2009

About Me...

(Updated 7/7/18)
I'm Shawntelligent, creative, mysterious, amorous, and crazy. I am a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, sadly an employee, and more. I should be happy I have a job, right! I’m envious of stay at home moms.  (I am now a stay at home mom and have been for the last 8 years.  I have also decided to accomplish my dream of becoming a therapist.  So I am now a graduate student.  See the I'm a Student blog post for more details about that.)   My husband and I have been married for going on 12 years and we have 2 beautiful, smart, and active sons. I love fashion; I have a B.A in Fine Arts, Fashion Design, but for the time being I am retired at sewing and designing, until I finish school, but I will be making a come back.  I love writing and I wanted to start a blog because I've been inspired by so many of the podcast I subscribe to (See my blog list) and listen to on a daily basis, but more so because of a book I read called the Milk Memos (See my Book reviews on the sidebar). Since I'm striving to be a stay at home mom, and a full-time supportive wife (I say full-time because I feel that I'm only part-time because I'm so EXHAUSTED.  (I still feel this way to a certain degree.  However, I now know the importance of taking care of myself.  It is still a process, but my happiness and self esteem takes priority over everything.  It is what my family needs).   My life has been a little stressed. So I have come to the realization that I need more me time, because of this new found epiphany I enrolled myself into belly dancing which I LOVE, but because of life, belly dancing is on pause for now.(I soooo miss belly dancing).  However, I still need MORE me time! What else can I do? How can I express myself and connect with others?

After a little thinking I decided, I know there has to be other women out there that feel the same way I do, and I believe I have useful and entertaining information to share with them and the entire world. I make gorgeous jewelry, dresses, I'm a student, my husband gets on my nerves and is great at the same time, and so does my kids!  I know other people would love to hear about!

Here at the Enchanté Collections blog (previously called I'll Do Me AKA The Isis Collections blog)... you will find not only my day to day life situations, thoughts and advice, but also book reviews, poetry, art, current events, entertainment events, venues, and whatever inspires me!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and opinions about the blog, but please understand that these are my thoughts, inspirations, and views. You in no way have to agree with them, but because you chose to view my blog I expect you to respect and take note of my voice.

Enchanté give you life; we nurture and listen to you.  Enchanté is all about helping women, adolescents, couples, and families to become inspired, empowered, and successful beings through therapeutic words, beautiful dresses and jewelry designs.  So many have so much negativity in their lives, and are so busy with everything and everyone that we don't take the time to tell our inner selves that we are beautiful; that we are worthy. 

Our mission is to bring Enchanté to the community, and help inspire people to believe in themselves, know they are deserving of all things good, show the world that they are and just live their best lives.  Through empowering words and designs that promote positivity, great fashion, great prices, great guidance, and an aura that brings out the sexy, elegance mystery and GODDESS in you...

No comments:

Post a Comment