Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Black Love Party

I'm at my usual spot at this time on the 147 outer drive express bus heading to work and I'm having my usual thoughts running through my head, but one thought in particular is sticking out. I want to have a black love party! However, I wouldn't be able to call it that for reasons I'll explain later, but I'll start at the beginning.


I was going to have an Isis Collections Summer Sales Event. I sent emails and made phone calls to about a hundred vendors I've come in contact with. I knew about 30 would be interested in participating, but I only wanted15-20. I put down a deposit, had media set up and everything, but when the deadline came, only 4 returning vendors paid. So the deadline was extended. Only 2 vendors paid. At first I was angry, because some vendors I knew of their situation and I would think that they would jump as the opportunity to put their businesses out there. I mean what’s the old saying, "you gotta spend money to make money.” After all I was only asking for $40, you don’t want to put in $40 for your business, when I guarantee you’ll make that back if not more! I not only throw vending events, but I also participate in them. I know that there are some “Business people” that pocket your money and don’t put the work into making the event a success, but what’s that other saying, “no good deed goes unpunished.”

Anyway, so I had to cancel the event because I wasn’t going to come out of my pocket for that much money to move forward with the event. So it’s on to the next one… A Black Love Party! Only I think I’ll call it, “I Know why I got married Party!” Instead of the “Why did I get married Party?” I think it will be inappropriate being that I have come in contact with many loving people that aren’t black; maybe you all can help me out with that one.

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea!!! I really do...go for it lady! We're definitely gonna be talking this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete