Thursday, June 2, 2016

Day by Day

I've started a 40 day Journey
prayer book called Emotional Healthy Spirituality Day by Day by Peter Scazzero and it has been wonderfully enlightening reading this book everyday suggested by my Pastor Dori Gorman of New Story Church . In my readings I came across Psalms 131 and in the devotional portion of the book for that particular day we were reminded that we often forget our humanity, our limits, and our inability to change others. We are reminded that David was one of the most powerful people of that time but he still reminded himself to not to think highly of himself. He prayed that he does not concern himself with the great matters or things too wonderful for him and that told me that even with David being as powerful as he was he knew not to worry about things that were going to happen or that he wished would happen or anything of that nature. He knew that it was not up to him but that those things were too powerful for him to think about. He knew that those things were up to God.

Reading that I was like, "Man, I wish I could be more like David." The reading for the next day and devotional we were taught about patient trust.

Patient trust is above all trust in the slow work of God we are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay we should like to skip the intermediate stages. We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new yet it is the law of all progress that it is made by passing through some stages of instability and that it may take a very long time. And so I think it is with you; but your ideas mature and gradually let them grow let them shape themselves, without undue haste. Don't try to force them on, it's true you could be today what time will make for you tomorrow (that is to say grace and circumstances acting on your own goodwill). Only God could say that this new spirit gradually forming within you will be. Give our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you. And accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardon

Reading these words were so powerful and they assurance I needed regarding my acceptance to school, my career, the opening of my storefront, the growth of my kids, the success of my marriage. the Journey of getting myself healthy. All of these things I have to trust that with these different processes that I'm going through the Lord is leading me and to accept the anxiety that I feel.

1 comment:

  1. I needed this as well sis. Thank you for sharing your experience and your transparency with your feelings because it help me.

    ReplyDelete