Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Smoothie Recipes

2016 has been self-proclaimed as the year of me getting my mojo back. One of the things on the list was for me to become healthy and buildup my energy, and lose weight. March 18th I started my journey and as of right now I'm 24 pounds down. I have my good days and I have my not-so-good days but one thing that I have learned to do better is eat. I'm one of those people that doesn't eat much and because of that metabolism sucked. So I have learned to not leave the house without eating.  A big helper has been making smoothies. Below are some of the smoothies that I've been deliciously devouring lately.  Enjoy!!!!




Monkey Flip Recovery Smoothie
           
12 ounces of pure, unsweetened coconut water
1 banana
1 tablespoon Peanut/Almond butter
2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Ice, to preference

Low-Calorie Chocolate Almond Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein)
8 raw almonds
3 ice cubes


Cinnamon Apple Smoothie

8 ounces coconut water
4 raw almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium Granny Smith apple)
1/2 scoop unsweetened protein powder
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)

Cinnamon Bun Smoothie

1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup

Morning Workout Protein Smoothie


1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 banana
Dash of cinnamon
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used one packet of Tone It Up's vegan vanilla protein powder Perfect Fit)
Ice

Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
1/2 cup pure coconut water
1 1/6 cup local, organic strawberries
1/4 medium-large local, organic lemon
1 handful of organic spinach
2 to 3 small pitted, local Deglet Noor dates (optional and can be used to sweeten according to taste)
2 scoops ice

 The lemon helps the body naturally cleanse, while the strawberries provide well over the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, which has been shown to help burn fat. And not only that, the added spinach helps regulate your digestive system.

PB&J Smoothie
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 frozen banana, chopped
2 teaspoons peanut butter
4 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt or fat-free milk
1/2 cup ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment