Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tattoo

I've been wanting to get a few tattoos for a long time, but I haven't done it for a variety of reasons.  I've spent a lot of time trying to convince  my Husband to get his 1st tattoo with me, but it just hasn't happened (It will though).  This past weekend some good friends of mines decided to have a ladies night at the tattoo shop, and it was sooooo much fun.

I was a little nervous because I got my last tattoo about 16 years ago, so I was scared of the pain, but I pushed through it with the help of my girls.  My tattoo is the 1st one below.  I wanted to get this Arthur Ashe quote because it empowers me, its my mojo, and I wanted it to be somewhere I can see it as a constant reminder.  I have anxiety issues, and at times very overwhelmed so having this reminder is a huge help for me.  In addition I got a semicolon butterfly.  The butterfly represents transformation, freedom, grace, and growth, and the semicolon represents Project Semicolon born from a 2013 social media movement.  The movement is dedicated to presenting hope and love to those who struggle with depression, suicide, addiction and self-injury.  It encourages love, and inspiration.  The actual semicolon symbol is used when a writer could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to.  The writer is you and the sentence is your life; chose not to end it...Today people all over the world are tattooing this mark as a reminder of their struggles, victories and survival, and I want to do just that.  Getting this tattoo is absolutely the best tattoo for me, because I know that God has so much in store for my present and future.
My Arthur Ashe quote w/semicolon butterfly


L got a tattoo of a drawing her son made.  This mom loves her kids.  I don't think I love mines that much, lol.

S got her kids names.  I love the footprint coloring

A didn't get a tattoo but came to support us.  She took a nap and woke up ready, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment